Some people prefer local anesthesia and others require full anesthesia, depending on the person’s choice and his comfort after consulting a doctor. The upper eyelids are addressed first. Here, your surgeon will make a small cut and remove excess skin, as well as muscle and sometimes fat. Some of these tissues might be moved to other areas surrounding the eye before your surgeon closes the incision.
Blepharoplasties rid you of skin problems loose and wrinkles under the eye and above, and also saves you from the bags and fatty deposits that lead to the swelling of the eyelids.
– the 0peration takes usually (1-2) hours.
– it is performed in an integrated hospital under local or general anesthesia.
– patients may leave the hospital on the same day or may be hospitalized.
– Bruising and swelling around the eye may occur after surgery but it will disappear within a few days without treatment.
– Doctors recommend avoiding direct sunlight at least 4 months, taking anti-inflammatory drugs in the first 15 days, as well as using cool compresses to relieve any possible swelling of the surrounding area. It is also advisable to avoid harsh sports for a period of one month.
Will the results of the process be permanent?
Upper eyelid surgery can last at least five to seven years. Lower eyelid surgery rarely needs to be repeated. Of course, your eyes will still age after the procedure. If your lids sag again, a forehead lift rather than another eye lift may be the preferred procedure.